|Return to Tips Menu|
eTip-027 Installing and using eTouch for Health on the Apple iPad and iPhone
eTouch for Health on the iOS device operates as a companion to your primary eTouch running on your desktop or laptop computer. eTouch for Health runs on your device via subscriptions which are available for a monthly, yearly or one-time fee.
Activating the device/Cloud Access: (Summary - details are below)
1. Either at the time of purchase of the Primary eTouch or later on the Cloud Configuration screen purchase a monthly, yearly or one time Cloud access subscription
2. To register for Access, please email your eTouch Code to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You will receive an email from eTouch for Health within 24 hours of receiving both your subscription order, you will be issued an access code. Enter this code and update your Key Status and your cloud access will be activated.
Once eTouch is installed on the Primary Computer and after the device/Cloud Access is activated in the steps above, then the eTouch files are copied from the Primary Computer to the device using Apple iTunes.
eTouch runs on the device using the free FileMaker Go App. This is downloaded from Apple store using your device. Once FM Go is installed, you are ready to go! Just open FM Go and open the Alpha.ETH file.
The Cloud Configuration screen is where you manage your access
If you have not purchased a Cloud Access Subscription, click step #1. If you have already purchased a subscription, go to step #2 below.
Monthly - $6
Yearly - $50
One-Time - $100
Once we receive your eTouch Code, we will issue your Access Codes and email these to you. Please allow up to 24 hours for this process to complete.
• When you receive your codes, enter the codes on the Cloud Configuration Screen.
The easiest way to do this, is to copy the codes from your email and then paste into the scratch field by clicking the "Paste into Scratch" button. Then, you can enter each code into the fields. The "Paste into Scratch" field is just for your convenience.
• Step #3: Click Update Access Key
|Your Cloud Account is now active and your status information will be displayed on the Cloud Configuration screen as well as the Cloud icon.|
|Next, we need to install on your device (iPad or iPhone.)|
|Downloading the Free FileMaker Go App|
• On your iOS device and go here to download FileMaker Go:
• Select Download free FileMaker Go
• Download and install FileMaker Go onto your iOS device.
|Copying eTouch for Health files to the iPad/iPhone|
|Apple iTunes is the bridge app between your Primary Computer and your iOS device. iTunes is used to install your files, updates files and move datafiles between your device and Primary Computer.
• If you do not have iTunes installed, go here and to download and install.
• Go to Main Menu of eTouch and close the program
• Connect your device to your desktop or laptop computer using the device's cable.
• Open iTunes on your device
• First click the small icon at top to bring up devices. See red arrow shown in following illustration.
• Select your device's icon in the left column under the Devices section.
Scroll down until you see File Sharing. This is where FM Go and eTouch will live.
• Click on File Sharing
• Click on FileMaker Go in the list under File Sharing.
Note: We have also noticed that the scroll bars on the iTunes store are sometimes difficult to distinguish.
A list of apps will be displayed
• Select FileMaker Go
• Scroll all the way to the bottom
• Click the Add... button (Located bottom right of the FileMaker Go Documents window)
• Select your eTouch for Health folder (My Documents folder in Windows, Applications folder in Mac)
• Select All Files
• Deselect eTouch for Health and the alias if there is one. (Make sure that this file is NOT copied to your device.)
Note: Do not copy the eTouch for Health app. If you accidentally copy the file, the app will be exploded into dozens of files that not part of eTouch. These files can be deleted using iTunes by selecting and hitting the delete key
• Click Add... at bottom
• Click the Open button to copy all files over except eTouch for Health and the alias if there is one.
The eTouch files will be copied to the device.
• Unmount your device. Click the Disconnect button beside the device in the Devices list (always do this before disconnecting your device)
• Unplug your device from your desktop or laptop.
|Opening eTouch for Health|
• Click on FileMaker Go icon on your device
• Click on Alpha.ETH to open eTouch for Health on your device. If you do not see it, click the device icon at bottom and then click Alpha.
If prompted, enter Account/user name: my and Password: hope
|Renewing Access Subscriptions|
You do not need to register again. Your subscription order will be received and we will send you new access codes.