eTip-008 Upgrading to eTouch Version 2.0 (Registered users only)
Note: this procedure requires the following basic computer skills:
1. Copying files from one folder to another
2. Burning a backup CD/DVD (or other backup method)
3. Copying folder from the backup CD/DVD back to your hard disk
If you are uncomfortable performing any of these skills listed above, we suggest getting the assistance of someone experienced in computers to help you complete the following steps.
Important Steps in Preparing for Import of Your Existing Data
1. IMPORTANT! Before attempting to Import your original data, you must run the automatic Backup procedure in your old version of eTouch for Health. See eTip #003. This saves your latest data into the Backup folder which is located in your original eTouch for Health folder. This is the process for which you are always prompted whenever exiting eTouch.
2. Move a copy of Alpha.ETH from your original eTouch folder and move it to the Backup folder (Ctrl-Drag on Windows / Option-Drag on Mac). Make sure that it is named Alpha.ETH when copied into the Backup folder.
3. Burn a backup CD or DVD or make a copy of the ‘Backup’ folder where you have just saved your new data.
4. Once you have completely and safely backed up your data, install your new version of eTouch 2.0. This overwrites your original version of eTouch for Health. If you have not backed up before this point, you will lose your original data!
5. Copy the original Backup folder from your CD/DVD to your newly installed eTouch for Health version 2 folder. Replace the version 2.0 Backup folder when prompted.
6. Open eTouch for Health version 2.0 and select Upgrade from the first screen. You will be taken to the import screen and follow the instructions there.
The Backup Folder
The Backup folder located in your eTouch for Health folder is where eTouch backs up your Personal and Session data. It is important to run the eTouch backup when exiting eTouch so that you back up your latest changes.
Backup your eTouch Backup Folder and burn a copy of it to CD/DVD before installing any new version of eTouch! Your old files will be overwritten during installation. The backup copy on your CD/DVD will be the source for the updating of data.